Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Autumn Garden Time

Well, here at Hill's Half Acre, it's time to get our Autumn Garden under way. You may not be able to see it very well, but I have marked off our garden plot with these four stakes with white t-balls on each one. It seems so little, but beings that this is our first garden here, we are starting out a little little. When my kids hear that I am planning quite a few beets, they suddenly think this garden is getting way out of control and that I should start much much smaller.

Since our "grass" is of the crab variety, I first have sprayed some Round-Up to kill it.... dead. When it is no more, I will till it up, and mix in some magic mixture that my chickens, ducks, and geese have been making for me.

I am giddy with excitement since it has been SOOOOO very long since I have been able to have an actual in the ground garden. The only garden I could get to grow in the last 7 years involved a kiddie pool! (more on that in another post)

As for now, I have to patiently wait until the spray takes it's course and scour the seed catalogs in wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment